Sunday, April 8, 2012

Angelina

Yesterday I drank something that billed itself as hot chocolate, but I'm pretty sure it was just straight-up melted chocolate. That's how thick and decadent it was.

Neither of the pastries seen here were mine, but the one I shared with my friend looked a little like ground beef... It didn't really make for a pretty picture, not matter how many Instagram filters I tried.

One funny thing about our visit-- we went on a Saturday evening after an afternoon at the Louvre and I guess we must have gotten there about half an hour before closing time because just as we were settling the bill, a lady came around and asked us in very polite French to please finish up and leave soon as they were closing. We looked around after she left and saw that she was repeating the same message to the other stragglers in the room. It seemed like such an awkward job!

Angelina (just go for the hot chocolate): 226 Rue de Rivoli, Paris, 1er

No comments: